PTC-CSJ Foundation, through its Executive Director, Ms. Flory Tabio, had its annual meeting with DepEd-Muntinlupa Schools Division Superintendent (SDS) Dr. Mauro C. de Gulan last January 24, 2018 to present the Foundation’s 2017 Accomplishments and 2018 Plans.
The highlights of the Foundation’s 2017 education accomplishments in Muntinlupa included:
- The replication of its flagship Growing Good to Great Kids or 3G Program in a fourth school, i.e., Muntinlupa Elementary School, effective SY 2017-2018;
- The successful implementation of Reading Camp Year 2 (a remedial reading and feeding intervention during summer vacation) which showed an average percentage increase in Mean Percentage Score from 36% to 83% among 462 slow and non-readers in four schools;
- The Foundation’s first Math training for 83 Math teachers on Teaching interventions in Math for Non-Numerates;
- The pilot implementation of Adopt-A-Ship Project which introduced shipping and its benefits to 4,540 Grades 4-6 pupils from four schools through weekly email exchanges between 19 Captains and 20 teachers; and
- Financial Literacy Seminars that benefitted 355 students of Muntinlupa Alternative Learning System (ALS).
Ms. Tabio was joined at the meeting by PTC-CSJ’s partners, specifically: Synergeia Foundation’s Senior Program Officer Ms. Chingkel Juan, and the Principals of PTC-CSJ’s four partner-schools in Muntinlupa: Bayanan Elementary School Main (BESM)’s Dr. Shella Navarro, Lakeview Integrated School (LIS)’ Dr. Ador Querubin, Sucat Elementary School-Main (SESM)'s Mr. Antonio Gagala, and Muntinlupa Elementary School (MES)’ Ms. Marissa Andanza.