PTC-CSJ Foundation, through its Executive Director, Ms. Flory A. Tabio, met with the new Schools Division Superintendent (SDS) of DepEd-Muntinlupa, Ms. Carleen Sedilla via Zoom on Jan. 26, 2023.
The meeting served to introduce the Foundation and its 2022 accomplishments, as well as its plans for 2023 in partnership with 12 public elementary schools in Muntinlupa, Synergeia Foundation, Lingkod Muntinlupa Foundation and WWF-Philippines.
Among the highlights of the Foundation’s 2022 accomplishments are:
- 580 slow and non-readers participated in the Reading Camp, a remedial reading intervention which resulted to an increase in their reading skills from 59% to 78%;
- 1,030 undernourished Grades 1-2 learners received health kits;
- Baseball teams in Bayanan and Sucat have been organized with 52 and 42 players, respectively, and now attend regular practice sessions and participate in tournaments;
- 137 Kinder teachers of all 20 Muntinlupa public schools participated in a webinar to improve their story telling skills;
- 97 teachers have learned to integrate sustainability in their lesson plans and 12 of them demonstrated their teaching skills with flying colors; and
- 200 class advisers have gained knowledge and skills on mental health facilitation to support their students’ needs.
In response, SDS Sedilla expressed her sincere appreciation for the Foundation’s unwavering support to DepEd-Muntinlupa for the last 12 years. Further, she said that “Hopefully, the remaining eight public elementary schools of Muntinlupa would also be part of PTC-CSJ’s programs in the near future.”
Also present at the meeting were PTC-CSJ’s partners, specifically: Synergeia Foundation’s Senior Program Officer Ms. Chingkel Juan, and the Principals of 12 partner-schools in Muntinlupa.